Tuesday, February 12, 2013


48. CONSECRATION TO THE MOST BLESSED VIRGIN MARY FOR THE FORTY DAYS OF LENT
(by Myriam van Nazareth)
Dear Mother Mary,
During this Lent I offer You my material attachments, which keep me captive under sin. Please deign to free me from the ties that remind me of my imperfections.
Every day I want to give You flowers of mortification, daily expressions of love which will enrich my soul with the beauty with which God has endowed Your Immaculate Being.
May the purifying fire of self-sacrifice obtain me the purity which will grant me the understanding of the Mystery of Easter, so that I may be able to stand by Jesus and You on Mount Calvary, in a spirit of true love, that I may mourn with You on Holy Saturday, and that I may witness the Resurrection of Jesus through the mystical eyes of the Holy Spirit.
Give me the strength to mortify myself completely during this Lent. Grow within me, make me smaller than I ever was, so that, on Calvary, I may dispose of my impure worldly being and, adorned with Your virtues, I may be able to rise from my ashes as a soul that is ready for the Coming of God. Thus I, too, will rise from the sleep of material life which paralyses the flight of my soul, and I will be free and open to the sanctifying Gifts from the Holy Spirit, who only appears where the Immaculate Heart of His Bride resides.
May the spirit of true love for You and Jesus make me long every day for the penance which will make my heart understand what it was that kept moving You throughout Your life, so that I may walk in Your footsteps on the path to purity.
Immaculate Queen, during this Lent, deign to guide me on the path to spiritualization, of which You know every inch, and on which Your Motherly Heart once united itself with Jesus, so that I, too, may leave the dark sides of worldly life behind me. Let me follow You in self-sacrifice and detachment, give myself to You in reparation of the Sorrows You and Jesus suffer on account of the doings of man who only lives by the laws of the flesh, and thus give You and Jesus the proof of my eternal love.




332. DAILY GREETING TO THE HOLY CROSS
(by Myriam van Nazareth)
I greet You, Holy Cross, in whose arms Jesus rested, dying out of Love.
I greet You, Holy Cross, caressed by Jesus’ Wounds of Love.
I greet You, Holy Cross, kissed by Jesus’ Divine Blood.
I greet You, Holy Cross, in whose shadows Mary’s Heart was pierced by Sorrows for my sake.
I greet You, Holy Cross, shining the Light from the Kingdom of Heaven into the souls.
I greet You, Holy Cross, sealing my soul against the powers of evil.
I greet You, Holy Cross, flower bed on which Jesus’ pains turned into roses of Eternal Salvation.
I greet You, Holy Cross, crown witness of the most ardent act of Love of all the ages.
I greet You, Holy Cross, bridge of reconciliation between Heaven and the mountain of sins committed by all mankind.
I greet You, Holy Cross, burn in my soul preparing my Eternal Bliss.
I greet You, Holy Cross, God’s Gift of liberation to my ailing soul.
I greet You, Holy Cross, eternal Sign of faith, hope and Love, to which I owe my place in Heaven.
O Mary, Sorrowful Mother at the foot of the Cross, obtain for all hearts the grace of a sincere Love for the Cross of Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of mankind, so that the fruit of Christ’s Redeeming Sufferings may ripen within all souls.
The Cross of Christ is the great symbol of our Redemption. Yet but few Christians fully realize the rich content of this symbol. This is why the above prayer is not in the last place a prayer of meditation. If you reflect upon it in silence, its deeper meaning will be revealed to you through the force of the Holy Spirit.


522. DAILY INVOCATION FOR THE 40 DAYS OF LENT
Dear Mother Mary, most holy Co-redemptrix of mankind,
In this period of Lent I surrender my entire being to the fire of Your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, so that everything which makes me a slave to my body, may be consumed by it.
I beg You, do free me from the shackles of my needs by the Light of the Holy Spirit, so that I may be strong against all temptations, lusts and desires, and that I may die of my old self.
Never let go of me again, so that I may complete this way to Calvary within Your Heart, and that, on Good Friday, I may crucify all sins, faults and weaknesses of my entire life for a rebirth of my soul of You at Easter.
I beg You, go grant me an ardent love to the Cross and to Your own Sorrows, so that this journey may sanctify me in the spirit of repentance which will redeem souls through the Cross, the Giver of Light and Life.
1002. INVOCATION TO DEFEAT EVERY TEMPTATION
O Holy Spirit, in the name of the suffering Christ and of Mary, my sorrowful Coredemptrix, do light my heart in the fire of Divine Love, so that everything in it which does not serve God may be burnt.
1088. CONSECRATION TO MARY FOR A TOTAL INNER TRANSFORMATION
 Heavenly Mother Mary, powerful Queen of God’s Creation,
Today, inspired by God’s Spirit, I want to enter into the sacred covenant of total and eternal consecration to You.
I spread my whole being out before You like a field, and I beg You:
Would You thoroughly clean the subsoil of my past from the stones of my inabilities and my weaknesses, from the broken glass of my painful memories, and from the poison of all bitterness over the wounds my heart has been incurring as of my early years.
Please plough my subsoil, so that my fruitfulness for God’s Kingdom may be increased, and so that all elements of my entire being may be exposed to God’s sunlight, for all life seems to have left me.
Please sow the seeds of the highest sanctity of Your own soul into my soil.
Do irrigate my field with the water of Divine Life, so that I may be thoroughly cleaned and may partake in Your endless strength against all trials, discouragements and temptations.
Please rule over the air above my field, so that I may be freed from all tensions and storms inside of me, and that I may inherit You true peace of heart and Your true tranquility of mind.
Do watch over the sprouting of the seeds in my field, by the Light of true hope.
Please clean my soil of the vermin of doubt and fear, so that the holy seeds may not be made unfruitful.
O Mary, I irrevocably accept You as the Mistress of my entire being, of my past, present and future.
Please transform me completely after the image of God, so that all my actions and omissions, and every word I speak, may bring salvation over God’s Creation, and that my field may bloom as a token of Eternal Spring.
O let me drink day after day from the Spring of Your stainless sanctity, so that I may reap the fruits of heavenly strength and unwithering happiness. Amen.
1264. SUPPLICATION TO MARY FOR HELP IN MY WEAKNESS
Oh Mary, powerful Mistress of my soul, of my heart and of the journey of my life,
To You I call in my hour of distress, for time and again I am too weak to hold on to my own Salvation.
Do crush the serpents I myself keep inviting into the temple of my soul because of my weakness, for they feed off of my moments of lack of faith, of doubting, of spiritual blindness and superficiality.
Complement my feebleness by Your fire that never goes out, for within You the rainbow of perfect hope is glowing, which illuminates each and every way into God’s Heart. Your tangible Presence in my heart will lift me up, for it will burn my burdens in the sea of flames of Your Heavenly Love.
Let Your Heart beat within me, which is filled so completely with Divine Life, in order for my mind and my heart to be cleansed of all worldly influences, so that the rising sun within my soul may find me the strength to live and to die for the Light of God’s Truth, and for the fulfillment of His Eternal Promise within me. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment